Sunday, June 26, 2022

On tour with The Coffee Pot Book Club: Clement: The Templar’s Treasure (Clement, Book 3) By Craig R. Hipkins @CraigHipkins @maryanneyarde

 




Clement & Dagena return for another action packed adventure. From the cold and dreary shores of Greenland to the fabled land of Vinland. The legendary treasure of the Knights Templar awaits.



What inspired you to start writing?

I have been creating fictional characters and writing stories since I was a child. My twin brother and I would immerse ourselves into an imaginary world. We were inveterate storytellers. I have had a few major influences in my life. The first was probably my grandfather. He would sit us down and tell us stories. He always started the story with the phrase. “I had a dream!” He would then tell us a magical tale, very detailed as if he had just woken up from his dream. Of course, we knew he was making the story up as he was telling it, but the way he went about it had us enthralled.


What was the hardest part about writing this book? 

The hardest part about writing this book was the focus on keeping it YA. There is a lot of action with swords and weapons. I tried to tone down the blood and gore to keep it suitable for the target audience. Although there are parts where people are killed, I do not engage in any unnecessary violence and I believe that I succeed in this endeavor. 


Does one of the main characters hold a special place in your heart? If so, why?

Well, there are actually two characters that fit this description. First, obviously, is Clement who is the main character of the story. He is noble, smart and virtuous, though he can sometimes be rash in his judgement which usually leads to some sort of trouble for him. However, his character would not be complete without his loyal sidekick Dagena. She is Clement’s girlfriend. She manages to keep him from sometimes acting impetuous and keeps his great energy in check. She is a great complement to his character.


If your book was to be made into a movie, who are the celebrities that would star in it?

This is a hard question. Most of the characters in my book are young and I am not familiar with too many young actors out there today. However, after seeing Daniel Day Lewis in There will be Blood, I can definitely see him playing the part of the villain, Sven the Terrible!


What do you hope your readers take away from this book?

One of the main themes in the Clement series is friendship. Another theme throughout the books is loyalty. I would hope that my readers find these qualities and perhaps be influenced by them. I do hope that they come away with a good impression that lingers long after being read. 


Buy this Book

Amazon

This novel is available on #KindleUnlimited


Craig R. Hipkins

Craig R. Hipkins grew up in Hubbardston Massachusetts. He is the author of medieval and gothic fiction. His novel, Adalbert is the sequel to Astrolabe written by his late twin brother Jay S. Hipkins (1968-2018) He is an avid long-distance runner and enjoys astronomy in his spare time.


Tour Schedule




1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for hosting today's tour stop for Clement: The Templar’s Treasure.
    All the best,
    Mary Anne
    The Coffee Pot Book Club

    ReplyDelete

On tour with The Coffee Pot Book Club: Snarling Wolf (Ghosts Along the Oregon Trail, Book #4) By David Fitz-Gerald #WesternAdventure #AmericanWest @AuthorDAVIDFG @cathiedunn

It is with the greatest of pleasure that I welcome author,  David Fitz-Gerald  onto The Whispering Bookworm. Dive back into the gripping, fr...