Tuesday, October 26, 2021

On tour with The Coffee Pot Book Club: At Her Fingertips (The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy, Book 3) By Kellyn Roth @kellyntheauthor @maryanneyarde

 




She’s willing to do anything to follow her plan.

Debutante Alice Knight is ready for her first social season in London. She’s determined to impress society and her mother with an affluent match, at last escaping her past and embracing a future of her own making.

Peter Strauss, an American reporter visiting England, isn’t exactly what Alice had in mind. However, his friendship proves invaluable as Alice faces the challenges of her debut. Almost immediately, she attracts the attention of a well-born gentleman—perfect save for the simple fact that he’s not a Christian.

The life she longs for is finally at her fingertips, but between her own heart and the convictions of her faith, she isn’t sure she ought to grasp it.

At Her Fingertips, a romantic women's fiction novel, is the third novel in Kellyn Roth's Christian family saga, The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy.



What inspired you to start writing?

I’m not really sure! I started writing at the age of seven, and I’ve never really looked back. I mostly decided to stick with writing, however, when my friends started reading my books in my early teens. When that happened, I knew I wanted to share stories with others!


What was the hardest part about writing this book?

It was overall a pretty easy book to work on! I had some problems nailing down Alice as a character. She was a bit difficult to make sympathetic, especially since I relate to her a bit and was having a hard time making her more human aspects less prominent.


Does one of the main characters hold a special place in your heart? If so, why?

Yes! My character Peter is an absolute gem. I’ve loved him since I first created him all those years ago. He’s such a kind, lovely person—and I wish I were more like him! He’s one of those people who loves completely, and he enjoys using analogies.


If your book was to be made into a movie, who are the celebrities that would star in it?

Oh, I don’t know! I’m really bad at this kind of thing. I mean, he’s getting a little older now, but I’d probably go with Allen Leech, or a younger Allen Leech, as Peter. Then for Alice … You know, maybe a new actress!

But in general, I’d rather not be in charge of that. Let the movie studio pick that! Now, if I can just be in charge of the music and keep some of the writing similar …


What do you hope your readers take away from this book?

I’m not really in control of readers’ thoughts, so I try not to get too invested in their takeaways. I know God will use the novel however He wants to, and knowing that is enough for me! However, I do hope some of my themes surrounding romance, marriage, and true love shine forth. I also want to inspire readers to take the courageous next step under God’s guidance, while also waiting on His perfect timing.

Thank you so much for interviewing me!


Buy this Book

Amazon


Kellyn Roth

Kellyn Roth is a Christian historical women’s fiction & romance author from North-Eastern Oregon who has independently published multiple novels, the most notable being The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy series. You should definitely call her Kell.

Kell lives on family-owned property outside an unmemorable but historical town with her parents, two little brothers, precious border collies, a dozen cows, and lots of chickens. She also possesses a classic, vintage aesthetic which does not at all speak to her country girl side, but such is life.

When not writing, Kell likes to blog, work as a virtual assistant for authors and other small business owners, and spend lavish amounts of money on Dairy Queen french fries. She also likes to talk about her books (and occasionally Keira Knightley) way too much. You’ve been warned.

Social Media Links:

WebsiteTwitterFacebookInstagramPinterestBookBub Amazon Author PageGoodreads 


Tour Schedule










1 comment:

  1. What a great interview!!
    Thank you so much for hosting today's tour stop.

    Mary Anne
    The Coffee Pot Book Club

    ReplyDelete

On tour with The Coffee Pot Book Club: The Falconer’s Apprentice by Malve von Hassell #HistoricalFiction #HolyRomanEmpire @MvonHassell @cathiedunn

  THE FALCONER'S APPRENTICE is a story of adventure and intrigue set in the intense social and political unrest of the Holy Roman Empire...