Sunday, September 5, 2021

On tour with The Coffee Pot Book Club: Clement: The Green Ship (Clement, Book 2) by Craig R. Hipkins #HistoricalFiction #Medieval #YA @CraigHipkins @maryanneyarde

 



Normandy. The year 1161. 
King Henry ll sends the 14-year-old Clement, Count of la Haye on a secret mission. The young count and his friends travel in the wake of the mysterious mariner known as Sir Humphrey Rochford. Their destination? The legendary land of Vinland, known only from the Norse sagas. The journey is full of adventure and intrigue. Clement battles with a tyrannical Irish king and then finds his vessel attacked by a massive monster from the deep. The Green Ship sails to the sparse and barren land of Greenland where more trouble awaits.

My Review

I actually read this book twice. The second time I read it was via Skype to my ten-year-old granddaughter. I know the age recommendation is twelve, but I thought my granddaughter would enjoy it. While we read, I had to answer a lot of questions, such as:

Who were the Knights Templar?
What does a Kraken look like?
and my favourite
What is a skillet?

I thought it would be nice to ask my granddaughter to write this review, I thought she would say no, as she would rather be doing anything other than writing, but to my surprise she did. Please note, this review contains spoilers:

I really enjoyed Clement: The Green Ship. Clement was very brave and he had some really good friends. He is really kind, especially to Adam. I liked reading about the Kraken, but I thought the Kraken had killed Dagena, but Dagena is a really good fighter so she didn't die. I didn't like Clement's uncle, he is really horrible. I also think that Clement should marry Dagena as they really love each other, although I don't think I would want to get married at fourteen.

I thought this book was vastly entertaining, and it kept my granddaughter engage throughout. The one question we both have is when will Book 2 be out?

Buy this Book (and I really recommend that you do)
This book is available on #KindleUnlimited

Craig R. Hipkins


Craig R. Hipkins grew up in Hubbardston Massachusetts. He is the author of medieval and gothic fiction. His novel, Adalbert is the sequel to Astrolabe written by his late twin brother Jay S. Hipkins (1968-2018)

He is an avid long-distance runner and enjoys astronomy in his spare time.

Social Media Links:









1 comment:

  1. Thank yo so much for this wonderful review! I am so glad that you and your granddaughter liked it! The next book should be out by December.

    ReplyDelete

On tour with The Coffee Pot Book Club: Yellow Bird’s Song by Heather Miller #AmericanHistory #NativeAmericanHistory #BlogTour @HMHFR @cathiedunn

It is with the greatest of pleasure that I welcome author,  Heather Miller ,  onto The Whispering Bookworm. Rollin Ridge, a mercurial figure...